Stay Grounded is the controller of the personal Data of its members or the representatives of its members, of its contractors or suppliers, of the personal data collected on this website, during exchanges of emails or in the field (such as business cards, publicly available contact information a.o. on websites, personal information collected during events, in the petitions we implement, personal Data of the journalists actively involved in the environmental field etc.). We collect and store your data because you are in one of those categories. Please contact us if it is not the case.
Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to Stay Grounded via the Website. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an email. In principle, access to the information available on or via this website does not require any personal data to be supplied by the user. However, in order to use certain online services, such as contacting us via our contact form becoming our network member, you may be asked to provide us with personal data such as your first name, last name, company name and email address. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/ 679;
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in Austria;
Stay Grounded, we or us: Stay Grounded coordinated by Periskop, c/o GLOBAL2000, Neustiftgasse 36, 1070 Vienna, Austria;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (I) employed by Periskop and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Stay Grounded and accessing the Website in
connection with the provision of such services
Website: the website that you are currently using, https://stay-grounded.org, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- «including” is understood to mean «including without limitation»;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Stay Grounded is the «data controller». This means that Stay Grounded determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- group data (name, mission, vision logo);
- photo and video data;
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Stay Grounded will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when users fill in an online form on our website,
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
- Stay Grounded processes your personal data based on its legitimate interest to raise awareness on the issue of aviation, to integrate new network members or to execute a contract such as the contract you accept when you ask to receive a service from us. Stay Grounded collects and stores only the personal data needed to communicate on its work, for example via the networks email list and online petitions, communicate with contractors and partners, or work with its employees. Personal data is used for no other reason and never for commercial purposes. Hence, Stay Grounded will store personal data for the shortest time possible in accordance with the pursued purposes. Any or all of the Data mentioned under 8. may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object to certain circumstances (see the section headed «Your rights» below).
- We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 16. In the case we discover that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at so that we will be able to take the necessary actions.
Who we share Data with
- We will not use, share, rent or sell your information with anyone except for auditing purposes where we may show attendee lists obtained at events to donors for the sole purpose of verifying that funded events took place.
Keeping Data secure
- We take precautions to protect your information both online and offline. Only employees who need the information to perform specific actions are granted access to personally identifiable information. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are protected and kept in a secure environment.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: .
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (I) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (lI) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is «manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to «block» us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of you rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing the Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: info[at]stay-grounded.org.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For Austria, you may contact the Austrian Data Protection Authority: https://www.data-protection-authority.gv.at/contact. Alternatively, if you are located outside of Austria, you may contact your local data protection authority.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of ownership and control
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Austria. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Austria.
You may contact Stay Grounded by email at info[at]staygrounded.org.